26 October 2009

26 October 2009

the space

i need
i need
i need

i perceive no need in you
you are greater than i

i lack
i lack
i lack

i perceive no lack in you
your life seems complete
from where i stand

i have to believe you are no different from me
even though i have not what it takes to discover
your imperfection
from where i stand
else, i cannot love you
i cannot relate to your wholeness
i cannot identify with your satisfaction
because my fears
inadequacies
persistently plague me
there is a space, void, gaping, impenetrable

but
maybe no one is satisfied


God,
when I lack, sometimes
I think You must not Love
because I am not good enough.
that my lack is my own

but You said, Your lack is mine
I gave you the wholeness
and I know of your lack
I have taken it
it is in Me

For now, the space remains
your sorrow lives
but it doesn't have to sting
Trust Me
I will take it away
not now
This is enough,
to know
I am in this space

and Eternity is whole

No comments: